Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History



Well, what a day it was January 20, 2009. Our first African American president sworn into office. President Barack Obama.

What an awesome picture of the millions crowding in the mall area and along the streets to get a glimpse of this monumental day. Eyes filled with tears of hope and inspiration.

I was able to watch the inauguration in our school's auditorium and then left to volunteer at an area homeless shelter. I watched some of the parade with the visitors there that were so excited to see the event unfold as much as I. What an inspiring day in history for so many.

Yes we can and yes we will!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Amen Sister! Yesterday was truly historic and I am so grateful to have witnessed such an event as this. Cheers to four great years ahead of us!

Karin said...

Cute belly chick!! Keep those photos comin!!