Wednesday, May 26, 2010

hand, foot, what?!?!?

Grace spiked a fever last week and was throwing up so I kept her home Monday, took her to daycare Tuesday and when I picked her up in the afternoon she had a rash...so, I took her to the doctor (we were there a week ago for ear infection) and found out that she had hand, foot, mouth disease. It sounds kind of like she has some sort of crazy medieval thing going on, but the doctor ASSURED me that this was common (not that I know any other child that has or had it). We had to keep her home the rest of the week...lordy! Poor girl had a rash all over her legs, feet, hands and you guessed it...mouth. The worst though were the sores in her throat. She couldn't eat or drink without it hurting and on TOP of all of this her gums are swollen like no other --- top teeth coming in. The doctor was right on with the week - by Saturday our little love was eating, drinking and on the go once again!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Zachary Dwyer had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. A lot of my clients get it too... Poor baby :-( Glad she is feeling better. Keep her healthy so she can enjoy the upcoming festivities!