Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ten Years


Wow, hard to believe that my dad has been gone for 10 years. It seems hard to imagine and crazy to think of how much has changed in those years. I think he would have loved being a grandpa to little Grace. He would have definitely spoiled her and taught her many "lessons" that I learned while growing up. I've watch my uncles become grandfathers for the first time, and over again I watch their glowing faces shine at the thought of these little ones that now call them "Grandpa". I can see a little of dad in each of them when I see them with their grandkids. I wish I could see dad's face light up - I'm sure it would be very bright. On Grace's baptismal weekend it rained and at the end of the rain there was a rainbow. Maybe it was from dad...at least that's what I told my Grace. : )


Love you Dad and remembering you today and always!!

1 comment:

SS said...

Amber - Your Dad would have made an AMAZING grandpa. I can picture him right now dancing around the kitchen when we were kids...Grace would have loved him...and he would have loved Grace. What a precious reminder of God's promises through the rainbow on Grace's baptismal day. I agree - Grandpa Al was smiling down that day!