

Well, in an effort to save money, I decided that I would a take a glider rocker that was given to us from John's sister and re-paint and upholster it. It seemed simple enough - paint, sew, and done. The job, however, became much more of a project than that. Mom bought the supplies and John and I gave it our best.
We started with a deglosser then had to paint the chair within an hour of applying it. I opened the can of gloss paint and it looked blue. John said, "we got the wrong color" but my Sherwin expertise came through and I said that that was just the gloss and we had to mix it up....we mixed and mixed and mixed. There was a LOT of gloss.
Once we started the application we knew this was going to be a long process and half way through John suggested we put the chair in the fire and register for a new chair. At that point I couldn't think of a better solution. We finally threw in the towel and quit for the night.
I had a change of heart overnight and decided to give it a couple more coats of paint and you know, it started looking better. It still needs touching up, but I think it just might work. What do you think?

3 comments:
God bless you two for your efforts. It's more than what I would have done. Clearly. I quit before we even opened a can of paint.
nice work Amber!
It looks great! Definitely use it and save the money....for the millions of other baby things you'll need:-)
Post a Comment